Has your child ever watched a movie or TV show and wondered HOW it was made? Have they ever wanted to make their own movie? Well – here’s their chance!
Clapboard Kids offers a wide range of filmmaking programs for ages 5 years and up! We pride ourselves on creating tailored classes in order to meet the specific needs of your group, program, class or event and always strive to create a unique and enriching learning experience for students. The following are some of the programs we offer:
- Lunch & After-School Programs
- School Curriculum-Based Classes
- Clapboard Kids summer film day camp
- Specialty programs at community centres, libraries, and camps
- Special Events (i.e. Birthday parties, Bat/Bar Mitzvahs, etc.)
In the workshops, students work collaboratively with the guidance of an award-winning professional filmmaker. Students are taken through the different stages of filmmaking, from the creation of an original script through to the planning and shooting of their very own short film!
During the session, a range of filmmaking techniques can be explored, such as stop motion animation, lego animation, claymation, basic special effects, and live action. If you prefer us to focus on a specific filmmaking technique or focus on a curriculum-related topic for a session, please let us know.
At the end of the session, each student will receive a copy of their finished films to share with family and friends.
All technical equipment, costumes and props are supplied. We are also very adaptable in terms of space requirements. For our school programs – a typical classroom space is easily used as a film studio!
A police reference check and references are available upon request.
Our goal at Clapboard Kids is to inspire and guide the next generation of digital storytellers and filmmakers!
Clapboard Kids film workshops give students the opportunity to learn a wide range of unique skills, some of which include:
- Media literacy skills
- Technical filmmaking knowledge
- Self-expression and presentation skills
- Creative thought processes
- Storytelling skills
- The opportunity to work collaboratively on a truly original project!
- Team building skills
- Over the years, we have seen several students blossom as they gain confidence and make new friends in the classes.
To find out more about our fabulous workshops, pricing and availability, please complete our contact us form. We’ll be happy to talk with you about how we can best meet the needs of your program or event!