Owner and main instructor, Valerie Weiss started Clapboard Kids in 2011 to merge her two great joys: working with children and filmmaking!
Valerie has an extensive background in film, working on a wide range of award-winning productions for Disney Touchstone Films, Columbia Pictures, Universal Pictures, Alliance Atlantis Communications, the CBC and the National Film Board of Canada.
She has also produced, written and directed her own films, which include the documentary film, “Timepiece”, that has been shown across North America.
The following are a select list of productions Valerie has worked on:
- Gus Van Sant’s, “To Die For” with Nicole Kidman and Joaquin Phoenix
- Ted Demme’s, “The Ref” with Kevin Spacey, Denis Leary & Judy Davis
- “Billy Madison” with Adam Sandler
- Award-winning CBC TV series, “Straight Up” (Editor of Gemini award-winning episode.)
- Jerry Ciccoritti’s, “Boy Meets Girl” with Sean Astin and Emily Hampshire
- Bruce McDonald’s, “Dance Me Outside”
- NFB documentary, John Walker’s, “Tough Assignment”
Valerie loves to share her extensive filmmaking knowledge with students, helping guide them to create their unique film productions.